10 Questions with Corey Gibbs from South Australia
We caught up with Corey Gibbs who is one of our sponsored riders and is the older brother to ProMX rider Kirk Gibbs. Corey is a serious local Club competitor on Sundays out at the Mount Gambier Junior Motorcycle Club in South Australia.
I asked Corey a quickfire 10 Questions about himself and riding dirtbikes.
1. Name: Corey Gibbs
2. Number: #86 or #385
3. Age: 37
4. Current Bikes: 2022 CRF 450, 2019 YZ 250, 2000 KX500, 1988 CR500
5. How Did You Get Into Riding Dirtbikes? My father raced when he was younger and our family just followed in his footsteps.
6. Best Thing About Racing Motocross? There are many things I enjoy about it, but my favorites are the social side and the competitive side. I also enjoy the travelling around to different race meets and getting to ride different tracks.
7. Greatest Accomplishments? I've managed to get various placings in Junior and Senior racing series throughout my racing time in motocross, but also in enduro/pony express categories and supercross.
8. Dream Race? AMA Motocross with the Ricky Carmichael era of riders. Any track would do, as long as it wasn't mud.
9. Dream Bike? Gotta love the old 2-bangers.
10. Would You Hit LaRocco's Leap? Hell Yeah! (With the right bike setup, lol).